Monday, June 4, 2012

An Important Anouncment



    Tomorrow is a celestial event you do not want to miss. It is called the Transit of Venus. The Transit of Venus is when Venus passes directly in between the Sun and the Earth. Venus is very far away from Earth. So this means that Venus is just a small dot. Astronomers, like me, do not call it a solar eclipse because it does not cover the whole Sun. This amazing sight to see only occurs twice about every hundred years. But you can not always see it from the Earth. If you miss this transit tomorrow, you won't see it again until 105 years later any where on Earth, if anybody lives to be that old. 

    As everybody should know, you should not look at the Sun directly because it will make you go blind. So, instead of blinding my eyes, I bought some spiffy new solar glasses which block out 99.9999% of the Sun's solar rays. Which means, I can look directly at the Sun, without going blind! If you were wondering where I got my spiffy glasses, I got them at the Tech Museum for $2.99. Since they were sooo awesome, I got four of them. Now all my kitty friends can see it too!  Oh, I almost forgot to mention the most important thing, it is from around 3PM - around 8PM. Well, I hope all my followers out there can see the Transit of Venus tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment